Are e-gates available at immigration entry points?
Are passengers required to undergo any health tests on arrival?
Although immigration check is carried out through physical verification. The flap gates are operated by immigration official after scrutiny of travel documents
Are passengers required to quarantine on arrival at the airport?
All passengers are required to undergo thermal scanning. Symptomatic passengers are hospitalized for further medical investigation All travelers should submit self-declaration form on the online portal at least 72 hours before the scheduled travel. https://www.newdelhiairport.in/airsuvidha/apho-registrationFor updated information please visit https://csmia.aero/covid-faqs.aspx
International passengers -7 days paid institutional quarantine at their own cost, followed by 7 days isolation at home with self-monitoring of health To seek an exemption from institutional quarantine, passenger shall apply online at least 72 hours before boarding. Exemption may be sought by submitting RTPCR test report on arrival. The test should have been completed within 72 hours prior to the journey. The test report should be uploaded online and also be produced at entry point of the airport. Web link for application : https://www.newdelhiairport.in/airsuvidha/covid-19-exemption-international-passenger International passengers W. e. f. 20.3.2021 Under the current Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) with regard to compu1sory institutional quarantine, the passengers arriving from or transiting through U.K., Europe, Middle East, South Africa and Brazil are required to undergo mandatory institutional quarantine for 7 days followed by 7 days of home quarantine.
Covid-19 Vaccination has commenced in various countries and many passengers have completed their both the dosage of Covid-19 vaccine. Further, medical professionals who are intending to travel for life saving surgeries/ attending critical patients have been requesting for exemption from quarantine. Considering these developments, the new norms for passenger exemption from Institutional Quarantine shall be as follows:
1. Elderly passengers above 65 years of age.
2. Pregnant Woman in advanced stage of pregnancy
3. Both parents accompanying children below 5 years of age
4. Passengers having serious illness and require immediate medical attention such as cancer, severe physical disability, mental illness, cerebral palsy on production of supporting documents and medical conditions that need admission in medical institutions immediately
5. Extreme family distress condition i.e. father, mother, son, daughter in critical condition(On death bed), severe accident in family, death of immediate family member (only on production of convincing support documents to the airport staff)
6. Passengers who have completed their both Covid-19 vaccine dosage (on production of both vaccination certificates and also a self-declaration in prescribed format has to be produced).
7. Medical Professionals that intend to travel for performing life savmg surgery/ attending critical patients (on production of proof from the hospitals where the surgery/medical service is intended to be performed)
Passengers from above categories may be considered exemption from institutional quarantine/quarantine, subject to providing required documents to the satisfaction of In-charge Officer at the Airport. The exempted passengers shall strictly follow quarantine rules and regulations and shall be liable for appropriate action for any breach of quarantine rules.
International passengers arriving without an COVD-19 RT-PCR negative certificate and wishing to seek exemption from institutional quarantine may also avail the facility available at the Mumbai airport to undergo COVID-19 RT-PCR test.
The passengers availing the airport’s COVID-19 RT-PCR test facility, shall be allowed to exit the airport terminal after providing their RT-PCR sample and submission of undertaking to home quarantine self at home/local destination# till receiving communication about his/her COVID19 RT-PCR report by the laboratory / government authorities. [#Applicable to passengers residing or travelling to a destination within state of Maharashtra].
All passengers arriving from Middle-East, European countries, Brazil, UK and South Africa need to undergo 07 days of mandatory institutional quarantine. However, pregnant women in advance stages of pregnancy are exempted from institutional quarantine. The passenger would be required to show the necessary medical reports to the concerned MCGM officials on arrival and may seek an approval for exemption from institutional quarantine. Passengers with compelling reasons / cases of human distress, such as death in family are exempted from institutional quarantine ( https://www.csmia.aero/pdf/covid-19/Circular-for-Exemption-Categories.jpg ) . Passengers are required to show the necessary medical reports to the concerned MCGM officials on arrival and may seek an approval for exemption from institutional quarantine.
In case, passengers have an onward flight outside the State of Maharashtra, they shall be allowed to proceed only if you have a RT-PCR test conducted within 72 hours of boarding the flight at the port of origin and the results are found to be negative. Transit passenger coming from Europe, UK, Middle-east, Brazil, South Africa, irrespective negative RT-PCR test report - have to undergo the RT-PCR test at CSMIA itself. UK, Brazil, and South Africa proceed to onward only after the results are received as Negative. Others can proceed for onward flight after giving RT-PCR sample
Arriving passengers transiting to other states and availing the airport’s COVID-19 RT-PCR test facility, shall be required to wait inside the airport terminal or designated area till their COVID-19 RT-PCR test result is received and verified by local health authorities.
Domestic passengers :
1) All passengers arriving in Mumbai from NCR of Delhi, States of Rajasthan, Gujarat, Kerala and Goa need to carry a RT-PCR negative test report of test conducted within 72 hours of scheduled time of landing at airports in Maharashtra. In case, the test report is not available at the time of arrival, the RT-PCR sample submission receipt shall be acceptable.
2) Passengers who do not have RT-PCR test report/receipt as per 1) above, shall compulsorily undergo RT-PCR test at Mumbai International Airport arrivals at their own cost.
3) Only after undertaking the test, the passengers will be allowed to exit airport. The passenger’s contact information including address will be collected at this time to facilitate contact in case test result is positive.
4) Passengers whose RT-PCR test result is positive, will be contacted for further treatment by local municipal authorities as per address provided by the passenger
If airport-quarantine does the passenger bear hotel and other related costs, e.g. meals, transportation, etc.?
What, if any, protocols and precautions are in place for arriving passengers who are exiting the landside area?
Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai [MCGM], the local municipal authority has designated hotels for availing paid quarantine facility. The list of authorized hotels shall be provided to passengers and passengers may choose any hotel as per their budget and convenience and subject to availability. Vehicles are arranged by Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai [MCGM] to designated quarantine facilities For updated informationplease visit https://csmia.aero/covid-faqs.aspx
Are drivers/meeters and greeters allowed to meet arriving passengers inside the terminal building?
Physical distancing is maintained by markers affixed on floor at all queuing points. The vehicles for passengers are disinfected and their drivers are subjected to thermal screening
Are there any specific measures for drivers/meeters and greeters meeting/collecting arriving passengers? (e.g., subject to health screening)
Are there any special pick-up or curbside arrangements in place?
Drivers of all pick-up cabs/taxis entering terminal car parking areas are subjected to thermal screening
If passenger is transferred to institutional quarantine, Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai [MCGM] arranges passenger drop to quarantine locationNon-institutional quarantine passengers arriving on flights can avail car rental services and state-operated bus transport. The service can only be booked on arrival.